Posted: June 2020
Methodist founder John Wesley had some of his teachings and writings compiled by a historical consultant. Using 20th century rather than 18th century phrasing, they would make a very relevant manifesto for 2020!. The famous list reads:
1. Reduce the gap between rich people and poor people
2. Help everyone to have a job
3. Help the poorest, including introducing a living wage
4. Offer the best possible education
5. Help everyone to feel they can make a difference
6. Promote tolerance
7. Promote equal treatment for women
8. Create a society based on values and not on profits and consumerism
9. End all forms of slavery
10. Avoid getting into wars
11. Share the love of God with everyone
12. Care for the environment
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Richard concludes this week's faith theme with talk of a plan and a purpose and Proverbs 3:5-6.5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths...
Anthony clothes our minds with wisdom, helped by Psalm 26:12.12 My feet stand on level ground; in the great congregation I will praise the...
Rom has some prayerful reflections on Mark 1:35.Jesus Prays in a Solitary Place35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he...
Community centre - Cards for Good Causes: 30 local and national charities