In March there were several celebratory days for Women, most notably, Mothering Sunday, Women's World Day of Prayer and International Women's Day.
Fairtrade also plays its part in empowering women and reducing discrimination. Through funds made available from premium payments, women are educated in how to lead and develop as entrepreneurs. Fairtrade organisations and payment systems also help to break down inequalities, and challenge gender patterns and stereotypes.
Let's give thanks for
- the power that Fairtrade has to change the world of individuals, families and communities.
- the opportunities we each have to buy Fairtrade and thereby help support those changes.
- the improved education, utilities and life styles available to Fairtrade producers.
- the increased awareness of Fairtrade goods and improved sales.
- decision-making in supermarket chains, where some are showing mixed actions to retaining the Fairtrade label, while others have introduced or added Fairtrade ranges or ingredients to products.
- those who help add to the fight against poverty through trade by seeking out Fairtrade items.