Rod Thorpe: February 2018
In this Fairtrade Fortnight we look at the ten principles of the Fairtrade business.
1. Create Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers
2. Transparency and Accountability
3. Fair Trading Practices
4. Payment of a Fair Price
5. Ensuring no Child Labour and Forced Labour
6. Commitment to Non-Discrimination, Gender Equality, Freedom of Association
7. Ensuring Good Working Conditions
8. Providing Capacity Building (developing practical, management and business skills)
9. Promoting Fair Trade
10. Respect for the Environment
We can all show support for these principles by committing to buy at least one new Fairtrade product in the next fortnight.
popular recent storiesAlso in the news
Starting week with the Covenant as the theme, Arthur's reflection has a rainbow of thoughts based on based on Genesis 9:12-1 12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth...
For tomorrow's order of service, click here. The service can be accessed from the Streaming button at the top right of the website home page.Richard writes about our returning to public worship:Dear Friends,I write to share with you our plans for reopening for public worship. We have to follow guidance from Government to ensure the health and safety of those...
Rom puts his oar in with Jacob and Genesis 27:18-29.18 He went to his father and said, "My father." "Yes, my son," he answered. "Who is it?" 19 Jacob said to his father, "I am Esau your firstborn. I have done as you told me. Please sit up and eat some of my game, so that you may give me your blessing." 20 Isaac asked his son, "How did you find it so...